In the battle of the bulge, belly fat is an especially tough opponent. But there are actually a number of foods that are great for your taste buds and your waistline. They help you fight belly fat. And you may find this hard to believe, but they’re so delicious, you probably already eat them!
We all want to get a slim and flat tummy with no fat bulges showing out. To melt those fats from your belly there are certain lifestyle changes that one should need to incorporate in their lives. From different workout routines to changes in the diet one needs to follow healthy habits to get rid of fat deposits from their tummies.
Just like there are certain foods that add fats to your body, there are some foods that can actually make fats melt from your belly. Scroll down to find which are the best healthy foods that you can have to reduce excess fats from your belly.
- Oats are packed with healthy carbs and fibre, both of these elements keep your digestive tract healthy and have proven to reduce weight.
- Fibre keeps you fuller and satiated for a longer time which makes it a perfect meal for breakfast.
- Top up oats with fresh fruits or add a few nuts to make it healthy.
- Avoid oats that have artificial sugars and flavourings as they add on extra pounds to your body.
- Cucumbers are 95% water, which makes them a very low-calorie food.
- They are packed with various vitamins and minerals, keep you hydrated and keep you satiated for a longer time.
- Cucumbers cleanse your liver, support the digestive tract, prevent water retention and bloating.
- These properties of cucumbers make them the perfect choice of food for weight loss.
- The tangy taste of lemons makes it a perfect flavouring to almost anything you eat.
- Lemons are packed with vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Lemons boost up your metabolism, eliminate toxins from your body, cleanse your liver and aids in digestion.
- It is advised to drink lemon water on an empty stomach to lose weight.
- Make sure that you do not add any sugar or sweeteners to lemon water.
- Fish is a great source of polyunsaturated fats – omega-3 fatty acids which aid in weight loss.
- Fish is also packed with proteins which keep you energised and helps to build lean muscle mass.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of fish melt the fats from your body.
- You can fish like salmon and mackerel in grilled, steamed or baked forms and tuna in form of salads.
- Lack of vitamin D is associated with weight gain.
- Sun is the best source of vitamin D, however, if you are unable to soak in sun, you can get vitamin D from mushrooms.
- Mushrooms are packed with proteins, vitamin D and fibre and are low in calories.
- You can have mushrooms in form of soups, salads and sandwiches.
- Almonds are low in their calorie count and are packed with mono-polyunsaturated fats and fibre which makes them idle for losing fats.
- Almonds serve as a healthy option to munch on in contrast to fast foods like pizzas or burgers.
- Watermelons are packed with minerals that keep you hydrated all day long.
- This low-calorie fruit helps to prevent water retention, removes toxins from your body and reduces belly fat.
- Each time you have a craving for sugar, you can snack on watermelons without having to worry about calories.
- Grapefruit is high in Vitamin C, is packed with fibre and is very low in its calorie count.
- In fact, it has a negative calorie count which means it takes more calories to digest it than the number of calories that exists in the fruit.
- It contains fat-burning enzymes which melt your belly fat.
- Veggies are packed with fibre and good carbs and are low in calories.
- Eat vegetables of your choice in form of salads, soups, lightly stir-fried or steamed forms.
- Vegetables are packed with essential nutrients that are required by our body and allow the smooth functioning of the digestive system.